Monday, August 11, 2014

Modeling Monday #4 | 8.11.14 | Subject 5 Viking Wastelander

So this was what I eventually ended up modeling today. Took me awhile to figure out the main helmet shape, for some reason I was really struggling with that. In a big change from my previous Modeling Mondays, I want to do something with pushed proportions and more stylized than my previous realistic models. I was also trying for a simpler, low-poly look that was more shaped based. I quickly modeled up a neck to fit into the mask, I know it's still pretty chunky. I kinda like the faceted look though. There's a major seam I have to smooth in the middle. I might try to actually handpaint a texture for this guy sometime in the near the future. It wasn't intentional, but I think I'm adding him to my 'Wastelandia' set of characters as Subject 5. Think crazy, neurotic wasteland TF2 Scout. I might keep working on this though, it has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment