Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sol Concept Art | Mountaintop Village

Here is a piece of concept art I painted for our Junior Collab project, Sol. I spent a lot of time on it, and for my second piece of concept art ever, I think it turned out okay. It's a tribal mountain village built next to a door in a mysterious cave, which turns out to be the door to a buried mothership. I spent too much time fiddling with brushes and figuring out how to get good clean edges, but in the end I learned a lot. I still suck at drawing in perspective, so it was a real struggle to show depth. I tried to concentrate on value and scale in order to push things back or bring things forward. I definitely enjoyed turning on music and painting for hours. I will get faster. Just needed to move, so I didn't include all the details I could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment