Saturday, November 1, 2014

Subject 8 | Modeling Progress 1

Watch in HD!



This is a character design I created last semester at school in 2D. One of my goals for this semester was to get Subject 8 made in CG, so I could either animate a short piece or put him into Unreal Engine 4. This is my current progress on his design in 3d. I worked on his basic mesh over the summer and I finally started sculpting him out last week. I don't have a strong understanding of anatomy yet (I'm using reference of course!) or shape design/language, but I think he's finally getting to a point where the design is starting to show through the form. I still have to finish his legs, hands, and feet as well as add some more hard surface structures and hoses. He's coming along though! I can't wait to move on to the look phase, where I'll texture and create materials so I can get some proper renders out.

No comments:

Post a Comment