Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Effects | Apple Destruction Simulation

 Death of an apple.
Here are a few images from a sequence my classmate and I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. We decided to try to shatter an apple for our final effects project. We used a mixture of multiple rigid body simulations in Bullet as well as Bifrost for the liquid. We used Vray to render. I'll have to admit, my classmate did an awesome job tackling most of the sim work. I helped on the rigids, doing dirty work here and there. I worked on the materials/shaders, and the models. We got some help from our professor on the wood and juice shaders, which definitely helped make our scene pop. For how much work we poured into this little project, I have to say some of the stills look pretty cool. We are going to work on a longer sim and more complex apple skin simulation to help give it a warping effect, so it looks less like pottery chips. I definitely learned a ton during this process, and I wanna try more effects projects soon.

My awesome classmate's blog



No comments:

Post a Comment