Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Meet Gimbo | First After Effects Motion Design Project

Well this is my first attempt at motion design in After Effects. We were assigned the traditional squash and stretch 'bouncing ball' animation assignment, only instead of pencils we're using After Effects. I'm brand new to the software, so of course I decided to do something a little more interesting. I made a bouncing rectangle, which curved in an arc as it bounced along. Turns out, I had to had hand animate the entire thing, so not much help inbetweening there. We were supposed to give our bouncing object a 'surprise ending', so I turned my little red rectangle into a monster named Gimbo. This little project was actually a ton of fun to make, I'm definitely enjoying learning After Effects, something I've put off for way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment