Friday, April 8, 2016

Motion Design | Halcyon Corp. Laser Disk Ad

Save your data. Save the future. 320kbs. The future is here in high capacity storage formats! I love the 80's, including the colors, fonts, technology, music, everything. I tried to fuse as much 80s goodness as I could into this 10 second project I created for my motion design class. We had to create a short product advertisement in After Effects and I opted to kick it oldschool retro. The final video took me about 15 hours to create and I ran into some interesting challenges along the way. I fuzed several different elements of After Effects together, including Trapcode Mir, Particular, Element3d, and a host of the default effects to arrive at the final look. Lots and lots of layers, but nothing says 80's like glowing grids, powerwave music, and neon colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment